So, some time has passed, and some progress has been made in my application process. Through hours of thought, revision, and a few changes in direction, I've completed my essays. My advice regarding admissions essays to anyone going through the application process, go through a few drafts on your own, then a classmate or two read it, then let a professor in your department read it, then, finally, take it to the writing center for a final review. The logic behind this is, once you go through your revisions, you should have a piece of writing you're comfortable with. Having a classmate read it will allow for feedback from a peer. A professor in your department should, have a good idea of what the people who will be reviewing your essay are looking for. The last stage of going to the writing center is just to go over technical things. Just some advice I thought I'd pass on...
Anyway, I'd say I'm about 85% completed with the entire process. Let me say, this process has become rather expensive. Between GRE scores ($20 per school) my ASU transcripts ($15 per school) and application fees, the costs add up, QUICK! I'm now on the fence about whether or not I should submit one last application. I'm essentially finished with it, it's only a matter of paying the fees at this point and I'm not sure whether or not I want to pay another $105 (transcript, GRE and application fee). So, we'll see how that goes. Stay tuned for the completion of my application process...
Dan,
ReplyDeleteWhat schools are you applying to? I'm curious.
Kash